background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Adjustments

Since moving to Portland, Dallin and I have realized that there are many changes that come with our new apartment that we will have to get used to.

#1 We now live on the third floor. That means a whole lot of stairs everyday.

#2 Private bedroom! No more walking into our house and seeing our bed in the front room!

#3 Dallin can actually stand-up under the shower head! And we can WALK AROUND in our bathroom!! For anyone who visited our studio in Provo... you know how drastic that change is!

#4 Walk-in Closet. Actually having room for all of our clothes? That is a definite change.


We are also getting used to having a washer and dryer IN our apartment. woohoo!!


#5 Cable TV. Since we haven't cable for over a year... we are a little behind on "what's new" and spending a little too much time trying to catch up.

#6 The Kitchen. Lots of counter space. A fridge that doesn't freeze our eggs/milk. Dishwasher. Garbage disposal. Need I say more?

Although... I had a rude awakening when I found out just how hot our dishwasher gets....

#7 I knew it rained a lot in Portland... but I guess I wasn't quite prepared for rain every day. On a positive note, everything is green and beautiful so I'll take the occasional frizzy hair-do.

#8 There is a fitness facility at our apartment complex!! Now I can lift weights and work-out on an elliptical or treadmill if I so desire.. and not be stuck with just exercise dvd's. AND I have a work-out buddy because Dallin comes home for lunch and exercises with me!!!

#9 Bugs. LOTS of them. I am not the bravest person in the world and therefore cannot kill them. So they angrily wait under glass/plastic containers until Dallin gets home to take care of them. This one is currently in the dining room... see that black dot? It's huge.

#10 The biggest change for me is having so much free-time. I don't have a job. No school-work. And I don't know anybody. I'm enjoying every minute of our time here... but I really need something to do. I'm sure something will come along. :)

Here's some other pictures of our new home.
We're getting a few things up on the walls so it's feeling more and more like a real home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Cassie! I am in love with your apartment! It looks so nice! Totally jealous! And you are way good at decorating! You're so creative! I feel like our apartment is so boring now that I have seen yours! lol well I'm very happy for you guys and wish you the best! -Tara

    ReplyDelete