background

Monday, December 9, 2013

Blessed

I know I haven't blogged about anything on our incredible family vacation... but that task seems a little too daunting at the moment. So here is an update from this past weekend.

Friday Dec. 6th - Kylie and I were in Kennewick staying with my parents, after flying back from Orlando on Wednesday. We were helping decorate for Christmas and making cookie jars.


Dallin was in Hillsboro, working and attending the ward party. After the party he was going to pack up and drive to Kennewick to see Kylie and I and spend the weekend visiting family.

Cue the scariest moment of my life. (earlier that morning we had learned that a dear high school friend had passed away... so all during this time similar thoughts are running through my mind.)

Dallin calls about an hour after he had left. I knew something had happened. He tells me he thinks he totaled the car. But that he is ok. He had hit black ice, swerved and went off the road into a tree... going around 60mph. IS THIS REAL LIFE? At first I didn't believe what he was saying... but it sank in eventually. With the realization came lots and lots of tears and prayers of gratitude for keeping my sweet, loving husband safe.


It was too dangerous for us to go get Dallin that night, so he got a room in Hood River and waited out the night. Neither of us slept at all.

Dad, Kylie and I left Saturday morning to pick up Dallin, say goodbye to the Jeep, and return to Hillsboro.

It was so good to be back together, and to all be safe, and alive. I can't imagine if something serious had happened to Dallin.


To get our mind off of things, we had our Christmas decorating party and snuggled on the couch for a while.

Totally random side note... look at this picture closely.. the lights on the tree are sparkling!!
Many prayers were answered in keeping Dallin safe that night. We are so grateful.

Here are a few pictures of Dallin and Kylie playing hide and seek and getting SUPER static hair!


1 comment: