background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our last hurrah before parenthood

In anticipation of our little girl joining us, Cassie and I decided to have a little fun.  I actually won an invitation to an Intel night at OMSI this past week so Cassie and I were able to enjoy all of the cool displays and such that they had there.  She had been having a lot of contractions the day before, so we weren't sure what was going to happen while we were at the science center, so we ended up packing all of our hospital bag stuff just in case something happened while we were there.

It didn't...  Which was probably for the better :)

There were a bunch of puzzles for people to do.  We were pretty much pros :)
Cassie didn't follow the directions, but her airplane flew pretty well!
I followed the directions, and my airplane only flew upside down.  Lol!  Oh well...
As the week was closing I decided that Cassie and I needed to do something exciting for the last weekend we would have to just the two of us.  Well, we were having a hard time thinking of ideas for what we could do.  Then Cassie had the idea that we should go play tennis.  That's right.  Tennis.  Obviously I was caught off guard a little bit.  I wasn't sure if she was serious, so I had to confirm, but she reassured me that's what she wanted to do.  So, we went to one set of courts nearby our home, which were full.  Then we went a little further away to another set of courts, which were also full.  By then I was starting to wonder if we were meant to play tennis after all.  We tried one more time at a high school nearby and happened to get there when there was a guy with the keys to the courts.  He let us in, and I assume the whole time he was thinking "what the heck is this pregnant woman doing wanting to play tennis?"  Well we had a great time playing and Cassie actually took two of the sets!  I think the whole time she was hoping it would make her go into labor, but that still didn't happen. 

Saturday we enjoyed a day together by going to the Nike Employee store (which was awesome!), running a few other errands, and then going to a little local pasta place that had some great food!  Now we're just waiting for the big day to come.  We're tentatively going to be induced tomorrow if everything works out well.  We see the doctor at 9:20 tomorrow morning and we'll see what he tells us.  We  really hope all will be well and that we can meet our little girl sometime tomorrow!  We can't wait!!!!

Sorry for the kind of boring post...  The next one should be very exciting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Cassie and Dallin!!! Can't wait to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck if you guys are induced today!

    ReplyDelete