background

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Potty Training!

Yup. We've been tackling the daunting task of potty training.

Potty dance. :)

 We did the initial "training" about a month ago, and Kylie is doing so well. Her accidents are becoming less and less frequent (unless she is doing some serious playing,) and she is starting to tell me when she has to go! yay.

Kylie was so ready to do this, that is the only reason I decided to go ahead with it so early.

I had a plan to do a 3-day potty training kind of deal, but she pretty much had it after the first day. Which was awesome. We have her naked from the waist down when we are home (she still can't figure out how to pull down her underwear in time,) and on that first day I was giving her salty crackers and watered down juice pretty frequently. She was literally going to the bathroom every 10 minutes. So she got LOTS of practice that first day. She does receive a single m&m when she goes in the potty, but only after she has wiped, flushed and washed her hands. It was enough of a motivator for her. :) She doesn't get them every time now, unless she asks... most of the time she doesn't care and just gets back to what she was doing.

As an added bonus, with all the time sitting on the potty and reading books, playing, talking, etc.. Kylie has learned her whole alphabet. She actually doesn't know the song, but she can say and recognize all 26 letters. We had to entertain ourselves somehow. :)

We've been struggling a little bit with naps. But I think it is partially because she takes 3+ hour naps and is a HEAVY sleeper. But I think we are getting closer. As for nighttime... we're going to continue putting her in diapers until she can figure out naptime, and then we'll work on all night. Who knows... I'm just winging it as we go. ha!

So yeah. that's what we have been up to. And I apologize to anyone that has stopped by and seen the half nude toddler running around. I think it is adorable, but I understand it can be a slight shock. haha!

1 comment:

  1. I could look at those cute legs all day! I'm glad she's doing so well with it!

    ReplyDelete