background

Monday, March 14, 2011

SUCCESS!!!!

As Cassie mentioned about a month ago, we started a diet for one of her classes. Though most of the time it consisted of me complaining about not being able to eat the sweets/meats that I wanted, I was grateful for what she was helping me do. Take a look of some of the wonderful things that we were able to feed on during the past 4 weeks!

Most of the snacking consisted of, but was not limited to, these wonderful foods....


And Cassie was even nice enough to let me get some of these....
(Whole Grain of course)


Fruits and veggies were always a must...



Breakfast was sometimes cereal, other times some fresh squeezed orange juice and toast. YUM!



We had some amazing dinners! Including roasted potatoes, asparagus, veggie pizzas, chicken, quiche, and so much more!!



Overall it was a wonderful experience that we both enjoyed. The results? Cassie lost five pounds and I was able to lose eleven!!! Needless to say, we'll be sticking with this diet (although I am going to allow the occasional red meat).

And as a surprise and promise to my love that I'll keep up the healthy lifestyle, I'm giving her my word right here and now that this summer in Portland we're going to at least run 10K. There... I said it. And everyone can me hold me to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment