background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

We started celebrating pretty early today. Like 1am early. Dallin and I decided that we weren't tired Saturday night so we made cinnamon rolls.


First of all, it is quite a miracle that they turned out because we have not had the best luck with yeast... but the yeast ACTUALLY worked, they rose beautifully and were light and fluffy just as cinnamon rolls should be.

It was a great start to a wonderful day!

Church was wonderful. I always love Easter Sunday, singing all the songs about the Savior and his love for us. Dallin got to speak in sacrament meeting about Christ and his role as Savior and Redeemer in our lives. He did a wonderful job. I am so lucky to have such an amazing man as MY husband and best friend.

We were able to visit with some friends today which is always a treat. We have been so blessed to have such a great ward with so many kind, loving people. We will miss those who are leaving, but are so excited to see those who stay when we come back in the fall.

Dallin made our Easter dinner, as he has deemed Sunday as his day to cook.

He is becoming quite the talented chef. He made HOMEMADE chicken cordon bleu, with a strawberry/lemon salad.

It was delicious.


Thanks babe!

We had to do a little bit of egg dying... it is Easter after all! We decided to try a new idea... using silk ties as the dye/design for the eggs. They turned out quite awesome. And it was much less messy than using the normal food coloring. :P

We got to finish the day by talking with our fantastic families. We love you guys!!! Thanks for doing so much for us. :)

I am so thankful for my Savior. And I am grateful for a day that has been set aside to think and ponder on all the wonderful things He has done for me. I know I don't deserve all that He did, but I am so glad that He loves me enough that He did it all anyway. I hope you were all able to think about Christ a little today, and feel his love for you as well.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those eggs are really cool!!! I've never seen anything like that :)

    And yeast really can be mean... I swear I've had more batches ruined than actually turn out! Too hot, too cold, drafty, expired, water the wrong temp... I had a loaf rise and then fall last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I had to speak Easter Sunday too...glad it's done! Your eggs turned out awesome. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to your blog. I can't believe that I haven't looked at it before! And it looks like you two do a WAY better job at keeping up with your blog than I do. It has been months. And it was months before the last post too... :(

    I want to know more about how you dyed the eggs. What did you dip them in after they were wrapped up in the silk? They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um those eggs are SAWEET!!!! Nice job! Happy Easter to the two of you! Hope the packing is going well!

    ReplyDelete