background

Monday, April 18, 2011

FOOD!!!!...... and finals.

We've made it through two days of finals so far, and things are going.... well, let's just say they're going, and soon they'll be gone... and we'll be in Portland!!

I've been able (i.e. forced) to finish up three finals, so I've only got two left.
Being a loser with no job has given me a whole lot of extra time for studying. Poor Cassie doesn't have that luxury and still has quite a bit of studying/test taking, so tonight I decided that I would go ahead and make dinner for the both of us.


Now, before you go thinking "Right Dallin, what did you make? Grilled cheese?" (no offense to my father who would make grilled cheese every once in while, and I loved them, and for some reason can't make them as good as him no matter how hard I try), let me explain Cassie's recent fetish that has rubbed off on me. Her new past time is reading those cooking blogs... and well, I admit I now find myself looking through and reading the recipes trying to find good stuff (which honestly isn't that hard to do). Well, thanks to bountiful baskets Cassie and I had an excessive amount of green peppers and sweet potatoes, so tonight I decided to make stuffed peppers and sweet potato fries!!

The stuffed peppers turned out pretty darn good. It was a southwestern style filled with rice, corn, black beans, chiles, onions, chile powder, etc. It's definitely a recipe that will be repeated in the Hague home.


And although they didn't look the greatest ( I swear you couldn't really taste the burnt part, even though they are a little darker than they should be) the fries were super tasty! They are covered in plenty of wonderful spices and they made the house smell amazing. I wouldn't mind a few of these again....


Too bad they're all gone... Apparently they were really, REALLY good. I guess we'll have to grab those last few potatoes we have and make some more!



We just have to make it through the next few days and then we'll be free as a bird!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I normally don't like sweet potatoes, but while we were in Hawaii, the resort we stayed at had fresh made sweet potato chips that were fantastic. They also made sweet potato bread that was to die for :) Both made with the purple ones.

    ReplyDelete