background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

DIY and LOVE

I do not consider myself highly crafty... but the last few weeks I've made a few things that I am quite happy with.

Exhibit One

The Sunburst Mirror.
I liked them so much that I couldn't make just one... so I did three, each with a slightly different pattern. They look just perfect in our family room!

Exhibit Two

The Baby Blanket. (it's not quite done yet)

Sorry, this is not for us so don't get the wrong idea ;)
When we were home this last weekend my mom was telling Grandma Miskho about how I have so much time and not a lot to do, so Grandma suggested that I start sewing quilt tops that she will help finish and then donate to hospitals, shelters etc. I was super excited to start sewing, and was planning on borrowing mom's machine, or one of Grandma's three... but I got a HUGE surprise when Grandma bought me my very own sewing machine. THANK YOU GRANDMA!!!!

It's sooo nice! I still don't know how to use the 218 different stitches that it can do, but I can handle the straight stitch and have been putting it to good use.

Now I will have to start looking around and getting other great DIY ideas to use my new toy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment