background

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Anyone?

Leftover, uncut pumpkins (from the ward Halloween party) + overly ambitious ideas + an overwhelming desire to eat pumpkiny foods (bread, muffins, pie, smoothies, etc) = homemade pumpkin puree


Here are my thoughts after finishing this activity:

1. I have no idea why I decided to make my own puree
2. This activity was fun but very messy
4. Homemade pumpkin puree looks nothing like the stuff you buy in a can
5. The color of this MUST mean it is good for you
3. This made WAY more pumpkin than intended
4. We will be eating pumpkin for the next year or two


If anyone has any wonderful pumpkin recipes they want to share, I would love to try them!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you, but the pumpkin that is used in pumpkin pies and whatnot is a different kind of pumpkin! My cousin tried doing the same thing last year and she said it didn't taste very good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we found that out as we were putting the puree into the containers... but we'll try it anyway! haha!

    ReplyDelete