background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A few days with the Padres

My parents came to Utah for a few days this last week. We had such a blast while they were here! They arrived Tuesday afternoon, and we watched Dallin play in an intramural football game (they won and Dallin scored a touchdown!) and then went out to eat at our favorite Thai restaurant. After dinner we went back to the hotel and talked for quite a while... until we remembered that Dallin had early work the next day and should try to get at least a few hours of sleep.

On Wednesday dad came to pick me up and I ate breakfast with the parents at the hotel... I had some delicious french toast with fresh berries and whipped topping! mmm mmmm good! While Dallin was in class, mom and dad took me shopping for maternity clothes. Dad was a good sport and followed mom and I around and waited patiently while I tried on outfit after outfit. I think I'll be set for a while... we found some adorable things! And I couldn't resist trying on the velcro belly that was in the dressing room... apparently this is what I should look like at 7 months... :)

Wednesday night was the induction dinner for the Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society (which was the main reason my parents came to Utah- to see me get inducted.) We had a delicious dinner, took a few pictures, and enjoyed the music and talks at the ceremony.

After the dinner we went back to the hotel and watched a movie together.

Thursday was a very fun filled day! We had amazingly gorgeous weather (70's) and we definitely took advantage of it! We waited for Dallin to get out of his 8 o'clock class and then I picked him up and we went to eat breakfast with mom and dad. Then Dallin had to go back to school, and Dad did some reading while mom and I went on a nice long walk outside. Mom and I came back to find Dad sunbathing outside, chocolate milk and all. :)

We then headed to campus and spent a few hours looking through the bookstore, waiting for Dallin to get out of class. Once he was free, we got some sandwiches at Subway and went for a walk to show my parents the new pathway South of campus. We ate under a gazebo by a waterfall. Beautiful!! To top off our outdoor excursions we decided to hike the Y. It was a rather slow process (due to me being out of shape) but we made it!

Once at the top, Dallin decided he hadn't had enough... so he continued his hike.... and got a little beat up in the process! lol.

We concluded the night by eating at Costa Vida and relaxing at the hotel.

My parents left early Friday morning.... we were sad when they left. But are thrilled that they will be back in about 4 weeks for graduation! And this time the siblings will be able to come as well!! :)

We love you mom and dad! Thanks for such a wonderful time!

1 comment:

  1. I WISH that's how small I was at 7 months... lol. I bought maternity clothes then found around 7-8 months I had to go back and buy more because nothing was big enough anymore, lol.

    ReplyDelete