background

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rockin' in Punta Cana

Dallin, Kylie and I just got home from the most amazing getaway with the Hague family.



We were really nervous about taking Kylie on the airplane. But she was a trooper... and slept through most of the flights. She would give everyone a scare as we were boarding, because she would cry and cry.. but as soon as we took off and got her eating. She was quite pleasant. :)


On our way to Punta Cana, we flew to Newark, NJ and stayed the night there. We were so close to Times Square that it was impossible to resist going into NYC.


It was snowing, and a little chilly, but it was as bright, lively and fun as we hoped. We had a delicious dinner (thanks Audrey for the suggestion!) and enjoyed going through a few different stores.



We arrived in the Dominican Republic on Wednesday and were shocked by the thatched roof airport. It was pretty cool!

 

We were accidentally put into a room with two twin beds, and we soon realized that was not going to work, so we moved into a room with a king.

 

SO MUCH BETTER. 
Kylie was lucky enough to sleep in the shower.


She obviously didn't mind.


Throughout the week we soaked up lots of rays,

Random pic of my toes.  Did them myself :)  I was so proud of these babies!
 
played in the sand,


enjoyed the ocean,


 played volleyball,


went to multiple dinners,


danced at a beach party, 

Everybody doing the Macarena!

 and even held monkeys and snakes (I wouldn't go near the snake...)


Dallin and I enjoyed A LOT of pina coladas (as well as many other delicious foods.)


We had an amazing trip! Thank you Hard Rock, you treated us well.  And thank you Dad for working so hard to get the whole family a wonderful vacation together! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave... my oldest is six and I still haven't taken any of our kids on a vacation like that with us. We're going to Australia in a couple months and I ALMOST bought our oldest a ticket, then I remembered that one leg of the flight is 14 hours and regained my sanity, haha.

    ReplyDelete