background

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Half Marathon

I came back from Kennewick just in time for our Half Marathon on September 2nd!!


Dallin and I have been training for the last few months and race day was finally here!! Andy stayed the night at our house so we could bring the kids to the race for us (we had to be there really early for the start of the half.)


 We wore our superhero outfits (and even had a random stranger ask to have his picture taken with us.) Dallin had a goal to run at a 10 min/mile, so I was helping to pace him. We ran together until mile 12, when Dallin needed to take a minute to walk, but I kept running. I was scared that I might not start running again if I stopped. ha!


I felt great afterwards (although I was sore that night!!) We finished in time to watch our girls run in the Kid's Race, and to chat with family.


Afterward we all went swimming and then to the Burnett's for a lunch get-together.


It was so great seeing so much family! I'm sorry we don't see each other more often!!

We loved having everyone stay through the weekend and visit for a few days. What a great way to remember and celebrate such incredible heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment