background

Monday, September 23, 2013

Hero-Up

On September 7th, Dallin and I (and lots of friends and family,) participated in the Hero-Up 5K and half marathon. Dallin and I ran the 5K dressed as superman/woman.


Dallin's cousin Darcee put on the race, in memory of her son who she lost a year ago to a brain tumor. Keith loved superheroes, and Darcee loves running, so it was a perfect combination of the two. There were a lot of people at the race and almost everyone was dressed up as superheroes. I loved coming around every corner and seeing another hero.

Dallin and I won an award for Best Duo. Kylie should have been included as well, she was our kryptonite.

Dallin purposely grew out his hair so he could get the superman look just right
 

I also won my age division! Woohoo! Feels good to win... even if there were only 6 people I had to beat...


We loved having Dallin's parents and Lori's family stay with us for the weekend. It was crowded, but so fun!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the cool post about the race. I loved your costumes! Congrats too, Cassie on winning your division, you are amazing! Can't wait for next year. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete