background

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Anniversary!!

Happy 3 years to Dallin and I!!!

This last year has been quite a wild ride... I don't know if we will be able to top it anytime soon.

This year we:
Had our first baby.
Graduated from college.
Moved for the 5th, 6th and 7th times.
Bought a house.
Got a real job.

Yeah... it was a pretty good year for us. :)

Dallin's parents made a quick trip to Hillsboro to watch Kylie while Dallin and I got away for a little while. On Friday night Dallin took me out to dinner at the Orenco Station Grill. It was awesome. I had the most delicious vanilla bean creme brulee for dessert. (I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it... haha!) After dinner we drove out to a nearby bed and breakfast. We stayed at the Scholls Valley Lodge.


We were the ONLY couple there so we had the whole lodge to ourselves. It was seriously awesome.


We even ate cookies on one of the balconies while we did some star gazing... I haven't been able to really see the stars in a long time!

The next morning we were served breakfast outside. It was gorgeous. And the breakfast was delicious. Quiche, yogurt, croissants, fresh berries and fresh juice.


After breakfast we went on walk around the lodge grounds.

I made Dallin carry me through the tall weeds...major fear of snakes people!
We encountered lots of wildlife. Including falcons that were circling and screaming at us, and a cow who's pasture we had to walk through to get to the trail (I was a little nervous with her staring us down...)

 
We finished off our weekend getaway by watching Monsters University. Dallin and I both really enjoyed it!

We spent the rest of the day hanging out with Dallin's parents. Kylie was a perfect angel for them, which made getting away a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks Mom and Dad for driving down to watch Kylie we really appreciate it!!

Since our actual anniversary was this last Wednesday, we decided to go on one more date. So we went bowling with some friends and got Wendy's frostys afterward. Low-key... but just the way we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment