background

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Half Marathon at the Coast

For Memorial Day weekend my family came to Oregon. They stayed the night at our house on Thursday, and Friday we did some shopping while Dallin was at work and then he headed to Rockaway Beach on the coast. We relaxed, played some games, and enjoyed the beach house.


Saturday was the big day. Dad started running early in the morning (he was doing a full marathon.) I met him halfway and ran the last 13.1 with him. It wasn't an official race, Dad had clocked the 26.2 miles with a view of the ocean and we were just running for the fun of it. It was a beautiful run, and I loved seeing the ocean. I also loved being with dad and talking to him throughout the race, it was also really great to not have to push the jogging stroller. haha! Our average pace was an 8:20 minute mile. Not too shabby considering we were going up and down some serious hills throughout the whole run.

Trevor gave us massages after the run. Awesome.

The rest of the weekend we rested, had fires and s'mores on the beach, walked along the beach, and went to church. There were SO many visitors at sacrament meeting that we had to sit on chairs in the hallway of the church building. It was a new experience. :)


I loved spending time with my family. And I was pretty proud of myself for finishing a half marathon distance. I think I could do a full marathon someday...

And now for some candid photos of everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment