background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The REAL Superman

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...
Clark Heath. 
My dad. 
Is the real superman. 

And today is his 50th birthday!!!


 So I figured he deserves a post of his own. :)


S- Smart. Dad always did really well in school and pushed us kids to do our best as well. He gave me the drive that got me scholarships and on the Dean's list. He was always willing and able to help with homework, and was always there to support us through any of our school activities-- no matter how boring it must have been!


U- Unique. There is no one else like him. Sure, he has his dad's adorable squinty eyes, but he is The one-and-only Clark Heath. And I love everything about him.


P- Perfect. At least I think so. He was always at every dance recital (with flowers,) swim meet, geography bee, you name it... he was there. And was always so proud. :) He was my first date when I turned 16, my best friend, the one who taught me how to drive stick-shift... this guy can do anything. :)


E- Easygoing. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard my dad raise his voice. He has an amazing way of staying calm and helping everyone in the room do the same. He is willing to do anything... as long as everyone is having fun.


R- Righteous. What a great example!! Dad taught me what it means to be a righteous member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He always goes to church, keeps the commandments, reads the scriptures, made sure we always had family prayer and family home evening (even though we fought like crazy at times...) and was always there to give me a priesthood blessing if needed.


M- Muscular. Like I said. He's the real superman. He has ran 16 marathons, and has no intention of stopping there. He is a master of tennis and plays basketball like a pro. He's always been in such great shape and is a great example to me. Someday I will exercise the way he does. :)


A- Amusing. Any activity is a blast when dad is around. He has the greatest sense of humor, if you're clever enough to figure it out. ;) I am always smiling when he's around. Gotta love that guy!


N- Neat. Yes it's true. Dad could be considered a little OCD. And I love that about him because it means I'm not the only one. :) We are always the ones to straighten out the dominoes, make sure pictures are centered and straight, etc. etc. He also has always been very well-dressed. He likes to look good. The only thing he's gotten a little confused about is that socks with sandals just isn't right. ;)


There are so many more things that I love about my daddy, but there just aren't enough words. :) We love you so much dad! Thanks for being the best ever!!


Oh... and since I know how much you miss Kylie... here's a little bit of your favorite little grandbaby :)



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the picture of him looking at you on your wedding day. It's so genuine and sweet.

    ReplyDelete