background

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Cassie's Birthday!

27?! How is that even possible?

Dallin spoiled me on my birthday this year. He booked a room in Lincoln City for the weekend, We drove down on Friday, had delicious Mexican (and fried ice cream) for dinner, and then experienced our first night in a hotel room with 3 kiddos. It actually wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be. The next morning (my birthday), we got up, I fed Jayce, we ate breakfast as a family, and then I went out to the beach to walk, look for glass floats, and have some time (2.5 HOURS!!) to myself while Dallin managed the kids. This was the best thing Dallin could have done for me, it's so hard to find time alone these days. Anyway, after walking on the beach (and being unsuccessful in my search for a float) the family joined me on the beach and we had a grand time playing in the water and sand. It was a beautiful day.

Walking along the beach in the morning.

We headed home in the early afternoon because my dad was coming to Hillsboro for the evening to celebrate my birthday and take us to dinner. I chose BJ's. Can you say pizzookies?!? So delish. The kids were great, and let us adults talk and enjoy our meal. Thanks dad for thinking of me on my birthday and always finding a way to make me feel so special and loved.

A few days later, my Mom and Grandma came through Hillsboro after visiting family, and the girls were SO excited to have them! They brought me a few presents, and we continued to party! I'm all about birthdays lasting much longer than just your day of birth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment