background

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Zoo Lights

November 22nd was the Intel company night at Zoo Lights.


It was a rather eventful night for the family and I posted the story to Instagram that evening... I don't feel like re-writing it so here it is:

Beware. This is a novel.😊 We've been looking forward to Zoo Lights for a while now. When we realized it would be pouring, we thought... dress warm, bring umbrellas, we'll still have a great time. Tonight was one to remember, and never relive. We started off leaving home about an hour and a half later then planned...We got to the max station, and I was feeding Jayce in the car while Dallin got the stroller and the girls ready, when a car drives up and asks if a little girl in a pink coat with an umbrella belongs to us. They had just seen her running across the tracks... instant heart attack. That's Kylie, and there is a train coming. Dallin sprinted over and got her. For some reason she thought I had gotten on the MAX and was running after me in a total panic. Poor girl, she was so scared. Possibly should have gone home then... but we continued on to the zoo. We got hot cocoa and cookies and were enjoying the lights, when Kylie tells us she needs to use the bathroom so we go, and somehow she peed all over herself while sitting on the toilet... so she's now going commando. But we keep on going... about an hour later we decide we should maybe head home... So we get on the MAX, and after a few stops McKenna starts throwing up. All over Dallin. Multiple times. He would step out of the train and shake off puke at each stop, and then hop back on for more. If not before, He is now officially upgraded to Super Dad status. Meanwhile I've got sleeping Jayce strapped to me, and I'm using wipes to try and clean McKenna, and the stroller, and the floor because there are a lot of people on the train and I felt bad for how bad it smelled. We finally get home, (we hit every red light and everyone cried the whole way) Bathe everyone. Put the kids down, and I clean up while Dallin showers and tries to get rid of the smell. And all I can think is... the lights were still beautiful and I'm just SO GLAD all of my children are safe (that a train wasn't on the track as Kylie was running across it) and that I have all of this mess to clean up because I'm their mother and they need me. But I still wonder if maybe we should have stayed home when we saw how bad it was raining....

So there ya have it. A night to remember for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment