background

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Punta Cana

Dallin. Jayce and I spent a week in Punta Cana, Dominican Repulbic with Dallin's parents for an audiology conference. It was SUCH a nice break from the snow, rain and freezing temperatures.


Jayce was the perfect traveler, he cried for maybe a total of 10 minutes on all 14 hours of flights, and he would sleep in my arms or on my lap while we flew. Dallin and I were able to get caught up on all the new (and not so new) movies we've been wanting to watch. :)


We had one little hiccup during the trip. Jayce has only ever slept through the night in his rock'n'play, so we brought it with us to Punta Cana. And... forgot it in the airport. HA! We were so excited to get to the hotel, I counted our things (there were 5 checked bags, which is the amount we checked... but I counted the stroller which I hadn't done earlier because Jayce had been in it... oops.) Anyway, I realized as we were driving up to the resort entrance that we had forgotten it. Luckily Jayce slept fine in the bed with us (with his feet in my face and head by Dallin) and we were able to get someone to bring us his rocker the next day. Whew!

he ended up really liking our bed...
Dallin spoiled me with a "spa night." He took Jayce and let me take a nice long bath with a special relaxing bath bomb that he had bought ahead of time. I was super surprised when there was this beautiful ring inside! He's so sneaky!!


I couldn't get out on the beach with my pina colada fast enough. ;)


My family watched the girls while we were gone. My mother is amazing. I missed the girls the whole time, they really are becoming my best friends. But we were able to skype them multiple times, and Kylie wrote us an email everyday. :)

And now for the picture dump... ENJOY!!

This was a big deal for me! I am terrified of snakes... I still can't believe I was able to get myself to do this. Also... look at his tongue! So creepy...
They were piled up like this everyday... so random.
He loved to have his feet up!
First time in the ocean!
They had this awesome pool party!! Foam and balloons!
Jayce would sleep for 2-4 hours like this every day.
Our sandcastle. :)
He liked the pool more than the ocean
He really wasn't thrilled about the ocean... ha!
Beach party!
All checked out! But don't want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment